Travel document for return to Georgia
Travel Document for Return to Georgia is a single-use document for return to Georgia from abroad.
A travel document for return to Georgia is issued to the citizens of Georgia; persons whose Georgian citizenship have been determined; holders of a status of stateless persons in Georgia; aliens holding Georgian residence permits, and some other persons under certain circumstances.
Travel document for return to Georgia is issued for the following purposes:
- To replace a travel document which has expired, been lost or become worthless (worn out or damaged) for crossing the border, or in case of absence of such a document;
- For a voluntary return or in case of deportation or readmission to Georgia;
- In cases of emergency, for sending to Georgia for humanitarian purposes the family members of a citizen of Georgia, stateless person whose status has been established in Georgia, and holder of a status-neutral id or/and a status-neutral travel document;
- To enforce a criminal persecution or a court decision towards a person who is subject to extradition to Georgia.
A seeker of a travel document for return to Georgia shall apply to Georgia’s diplomatic mission or a consular office abroad.
A decision on issuing a travel document for return to Georgia shall be taken within 15 days after filing an application.
A travel document for return to Georgia issued by Georgia’s diplomatic mission or a consular office abroad is valid for up to one month. it, however, can be issued for the term of 3 months in the following cases:
- A travel document for return to Georgia is needed additionally for the purposes to obtain the transit visa on the way of return to Georgia or the exit visa from the residence country;
- A person is placed in the penitentiary facility, which is certified by an official notification;
- A return document is issued within the scope of the readmission agreement.
For additional information on the travel document for return to Georgia, you may contact the ministry of Foreign affairs on the phone: +995 322 945 050 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website: www.geoconsul.gov.ge.